Dairy Farmers of Ontario maintains the Savour Ontario Website located at savourontario.milk.org (the “Website” or the “Savour Ontario Website”). Savour Ontario provides lifestyle information, recipes, activities, contests, health, nutritional and educational information related to the Ontario dairy industry and other materials.
Please read carefully the following terms and conditions of use of the Savour Ontario Website (the “Terms”). Your access to and use of this Website is subject to these Terms. These Terms constitute a legally binding agreement made between You whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“You”) and Dairy Farmers of Ontario, concerning Your access to and use of this Website.
If You do not agree with one or more of these Terms, We ask You not to access or use the Website. If You continue to browse and use this Website, You are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these Terms.
The term “Dairy Farmers of Ontario” “Savour Ontario” or “Us” or “We” or “Our” refers to the owner of this Website. The term “You” or “Your” refers to the user or viewer of Our Website. The term “Content” means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to, subsisting on or accessible from the Savour Ontario Website.
This Website is intended for and directed to residents of Ontario over the age of 18 years.
1. Any information or Content provided on this Website is for Your general information and use only.
Changes to these Terms
2. Savour Ontario reserves the right to change these Terms at any time and without notice to You. Your continued access to or use of Our Website after such changes indicates Your acceptance of these Terms as modified. It is Your responsibility to review these Terms regularly.
Information Accuracy and Use
3. Although We try to ensure information contained on the Website is accurate when it is placed on the Website, We do not guarantee or represent that the information is accurate, complete, current or suitable for any particular purpose. The information contained in this Website is also not intended as expert, professional or advice of any other kind and should not be relied on as such.
5. These Terms may be supplemented or replaced by additional Terms (“Additional Terms”) relating to specific functions, goods or services made available or supplied by us using the Website.
6. We seek to make this Website as accessible as possible. If You have any problems accessing Savour Ontario or any content contained on it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Website accessibility tools available at https://wave.webaim.org/
7. You may only use the Website in accordance with these Terms. In particular, without limitation, You may not use this Website:
a. for any purpose that is unlawful, criminal or prohibited by these Terms;
b. to post, use or transmit data, materials and information, such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images, materials or content You do not have the right to post under applicable laws;
c. to post, use or transmit content that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false and misleading, that may incite an illegal act, or is otherwise in breach of Your obligations to any person or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations;
d. to intimidate or harass another person;
e. to use or attempt to use another person’s account, service or personal information without permission;
f. to remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features, integrity or proper operation of the Website or any Content;
g. to attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or computer systems, networks, applications or platforms connected to the Website, through hacking, password mining, or any other means or to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper operation of the Website or those connected to it;
h. to impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with another person or entity;
i. to post, use or transmit content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, file or program intended to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or that otherwise interferes with disrupts, disables or harms the Website or any server or network connected to the Website;
j. mine, collect, use, or disclose personal information about other individuals without their express consent;
k. create a link to this Website from another Website or document without Our prior written consent; or
l. to post or transmit unsolicited and unauthorized content or electronic messages, including, without limitation, “spam” and any other form of unsolicited and unwelcome content or message.
Without limiting any of Our rights, We may suspend, restrict or terminate Your use of the Website, without notice if, in Our sole and absolute discretion, We determine or believe that You have violated any of the acceptable use rules set out above.
Licensed Material/Intellectual Property
8. This Website and all intellectual property rights in the Website (including, without limitation, any Content) are owned by Us and/or Our licensors. We and Our licensors reserve all intellectual property rights in the Website or any Content (which include, without limitation, all copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, look appearance, graphics, software, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind) whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world.
You acquire absolutely no rights or licences to the Website or any Content other than the limited right to use the Website and any Content in accordance with these Terms. Except as provided in these Terms, any use, reproduction, retransmission, distribution, sale, republication, modification, translation of or creation of derivative works based on the Website or any Content, in whole or in part, and any disassembly, reverse engineering or other exploitation of Our Website, without Our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited. You also may not remove, obscure or alter any legal notices displayed on the Website or in conjunction with any materials or Content.
In addition, certain trademarks, trade names, and logos used or displayed on this Website are trademarks, trade names and logos owned or licensed by US. Other trademarks, trade names or logos may also be used on this Website. The use or misuse of any trademarks or marks or any other Content on this Website except as provided in these Terms is strictly prohibited. Nothing contained on this Website shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right to use any trademark without Our prior written permission.
You may download or create a hardcopy of Content on the Website where such use is for Your personal non-commercial use or for non-commercial educational purposes and provided copyright notice or credit is given to Dairy Farmers of Ontario/Savour Ontario. To otherwise obtain consent to use materials or Content on the Website, please contact US.
Third Party Sites/Links
9. From time to time, this Website may include or provide links to other Websites, or platforms. These links are provided for Your convenience only. They do not imply any endorsement of any linked sites or platforms or any affiliation with their owners or operators. Savour Ontario further has no control or responsibility for materials or content of any linked website(s) or that the service or content is useful, appropriate, virus-free or reliable.
Software Viruses and Malware
10. Savour Ontario makes reasonable efforts to ensure that this Website is virus-and malware-free, but does not guarantee that this is the case. You are responsible for the entire cost of any service, repairs or corrections necessary as a result of use of this Website.
11. You may need to open an account or register with Us to access certain services, or Content on the Website. If Your use of the Website requires an account identifying You as a user of the Website (an "Account"), then,
a. You are solely responsible for i)Your Account and the maintenance,
confidentiality and security of Your Account and all passwords related to
Your Account, and ii) any and all activities that occur under Your Account,
including all activities of any persons who gain access to Your Account
with or without Your permission;
b. You agree to notify Us as soon as possible, if You become aware, of i)
any unauthorized use of Your Account, any service provided through Your
Account or any password related to Your Account, or ii) any other breach
of security with respect to Your Account or any service provided through it,
c. You agree to provide true, current, accurate and complete information
as requested by Us from time to time and You agree to notify Us of any
changes to this information to ensure information held by Us is current,
complete and accurate to allow Us to contact You as required or permitted.
You may not set up an account or registration on behalf of another person or entity unless You are authorized to do so.
12. To the fullest extent provided by the applicable law, savour ontario offers the website, services, content, materials and information “as is” and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the website, services, content, materials or information, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Savour Ontario does not warrant that the functions or content on the website or services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that our servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. Savour Ontario does not warrant or make any representations regarding use or the result of use of the information, content or materials in terms of accuracy, reliability or otherwise. this term will survive termination of this agreement or your use of the website.
Limitation of Liability
13. Except to the extent required by applicable law and then only to that extent, in no event will savour ontario/dairy farmers of ontario, its employees, officers, directors, representatives or agents (the “savour ontario parties”) be liable to you on any legal theory for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages, including without limitation, loss of revenue or income, lost profits, pain and suffering, emotional distress, cost of substitute goods or services, or similar damages suffered or incurred by you or any third party that may arise in connection with this website or any services (or termination therefor for any reason), even if the Savour Ontario parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages. The Savour Ontario parties shall not be responsible or liable whatsoever in any manner for any content, information or materials posted on the site or services (including claims of infringement relating to content, materials or information posted on the site or services), for your use of the website or any content or services or for the conduct of third parties whether on the website, or in connection with or related to, in any way, the website, any content or service. This term will survive termination of this agreement or your use of the website.
14. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Savour Ontario/Dairy Farmers of Ontario, its officers and directors, employees, representatives and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, judgments, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses (including legal fees arising from: (i) your use of and access to the website; (ii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iii) any violation of these terms. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these terms and your use of the website.
15. We may, in Our sole discretion, suspend, restrict or terminate Your use of the Website, at any time, and without notice to You, for any reason, including because the operation or efficiency of the Website is impaired by Your use of the Website or We have received a complaint which relates to Your use or misuse of the Website, or You are in breach of any term or condition of these Terms.
We may further, at any time, (i) modify, interrupt, suspend or terminate the operation of or access to the Website or any portion thereof and/or (ii) modify or change the Website or any Content or Service provided by Us for any reason in Our sole and absolute discretion.
16. You affirm that You are at least 18 years of age and are otherwise fully able and competent to enter into and abide by and comply with these Terms.
17. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between You and Us with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede and replace all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter.
18. If any provision of these Terms is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such invalidity or unenforceability will apply only to such provision or part thereof and the remaining part of such provision and all other provisions hereof will continue in full force and effect.
19. Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
20. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario and any disputes relating to these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
21. We may at any time assign Our rights and obligations under these Terms, in whole or in part, without notice to You. You may not assign these Terms without Our prior, written consent.
Dairy Farmers of Ontario is the marketing and regulatory body representing over 4,000 dairy farmers in the province of Ontario since 1995. DFO was formerly known as the Ontario Milk Marketing Board established under the Milk Act in 1965.
We value Your visit to this Website and welcome any questions or comments You might have about Our Website, these Terms or any products or services offered by Savour Ontario. Please refer to the Contact Us section of this Website for Our phone number and email address and other contact information.